
I was thinking about bringing my thought of the day back over here. I guess you can say I found out what I really wanted to do with this Blogger account. I will still post my main stuff over there on Mahoganydymond.Net.
In spite of all this commotion about Palin's Daughter being pregnant at 17. I am so tired of seeing teenage girls Pregnant. When I was growing up, I was so scared of my mother that I even backed off a lot of times having sex. I am not going to say I didn't have sex at an early age though. I was young and doubt like most of the girls my age were.
When I turned 13 I asked my mother could I have birth control. She didn't like it, but she knew that If I asked then I needed to be on it. So at the age of 13 my mother took me to the doctor to make sure I was going to protect myself from having a child. Also gave me the run down on STD's. It was one saying that my mother used to help make that decision in my life. "If you bring a child in the house before you graduate high school, you life will not be your own..." That stuck with me. I was a spoiled brat and thinking that I had to share my life. The selfishness kicked in then. I was like I am no way going to disappoint my mother. She already had a lot of disappointmentin her life.
I never got pregnant until I was 18 and I was in college. I lost that baby and 2 other babies after that. I later found out that I wasn't able to have children. So it hurts me to see that young girls having babies and giving up their childhood to become a parent. Giving life is a wonderful thing, but it should be done in a stable home.
I see so many of those young girls not finishing school. The men or boys that laid down with them isn't there for them. Then the child has to go without most things because the mother don't have the money to give them. A lot of the kids end up with the grandparents or the system. Some of the girls mistreat the kids cause they didn't get a chance to live their life.
We got to stop the maddness. We have to be their to teach these girls to wait. If they feel that waiting is not a option, give them birthcontrol. A child does not need to bring a child in this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment