The other night me and my mother were talking.. We were talking about relationship, life, and things that makes us happy.
I don't really get deep with my mother much. It is because I am not really big on affection. I didn't want to see her cry or give me a hug.. Go figure... I guess cause that wasn't us back when I was growing up. The only time I did get hugs and kisses from her was when she was drunk.. The times I did great in school or some special event. The everyday to day thing wasn't us. I wasn't mad about it either.. I have a fear of hugging in the first place.
I started telling her how much I learned from her and how much I am thankful for it. See in my growing up and after her and my father broke up their engagement. I only saw my mother with two other men. Plus those men were very LONG relationships. She didn't believe in bring men after men into my life. She was with Muff for 16 years or so.. I think he died when I was 17 or 18... Then with Larry (a stone cold nut) They were together for about 10 or 11 years. Those two men was GOOD to her.. I mean did anything for her. They made sure she was happy at all times. See MOMMA don't take no mess. My mother felt like, If a man can't give her what she needs and wants.. Then that man don't need to be apart of her life. My mother feels like you can do bad by yourself. She never felt she needed a man to complete her life. She also feel like she don't need the games, the lies, and the yeast infections.. Yea that is what she tells me all the time.
So I told her it is because of her that I learned that I deserve better in life. Although I have met PLENTY of sheep's in wolves clothing. I knew when enough was a enough and moved on. I don't need to keep up a man.. I don't need to be disrespected.
As I watch some people do things that I don't feel they need to.. I throw up a concern.. I have watched friend's and love ones go through hell in relationships. They stay cause they don't want to be alone. They even do it just because they have good sex.. I just don't get it.. It took me sometime to realize what I wanted and deserved in a relationship. So I was so HAPPY when I found out.
Yea me and Heaven are friends. There is no serious relationship between us. I am glad.. I think with him is what I seek now.. I am not ready for a relationship.. I'm getting myself together. I keep Heaven around for the male companionship.
So I thankful for the lessons my mother taught me. She taught me how to be a strong, independent woman. She also taught me that I deserve someone to love, respect, and cherish me. She says.. Never settle less.. Always go for what will keep you interested.. Fall for someone who give you their heart... God will send a man to you.. A man who will give his all to love you unconditionally.. Thanks Mom.. I love you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't believe...
It has been this long since I last posted here. Nothing really has changed but my mentality.. I truly believe that I've gotten wiser an...
-
I thought about how I don't update much any more. I think Facebook has taking so much from the blogging community. Me and the guy I st...
-
It has been this long since I last posted here. Nothing really has changed but my mentality.. I truly believe that I've gotten wiser an...
-
The part that I do know about my childhood most of my memories was of school.. My teacher's and all.. I am not big on talking but...

No comments:
Post a Comment